Our company is committed to providing laboratory services that help build healthier, stronger communities. We are looking for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist that is excited to be a part of a new growing laboratory. You will operate, troubleshoot and maintain a wide variety of automated laboratory equipment utilizing PCR, ELISA, EIA and colorimetry.
Full time positions: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm and 2pm – 10pm
The Clinical Laboratory Scientists are responsible for all patient testing, related quality procedures including, but not limited to specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results. Tests performed are authorized by the Laboratory Director and will be within the individual’s skill level as determined by education, training or experience.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Independently performs waived, moderate, and highly complex clinical tests and accurately enters results.
- Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their usefulness; monitors and maintains adequate supply.
- Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control material and notifies supervisor of all outliers.
- Maintain positive specimen identification using barcodes and plate maps.
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports.
- Accurately performs and records proficiency testing.
- Initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and notifies Supervisor as needed.
- Maintains professional growth through continuing education.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment and keep a clean workspace at all times.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining HIPAA regulations.
- Document and maintain instrument, reagent and QC records per Standard Operating Procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in process improvements, process definition, measurement analysis and implementation of controls.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Communicate with coworkers, clients, leadership, vendors and visitors in a professional and respectful manner.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Life Science (6 hours chemistry; 6 hours biology; and 12 hours in chemistry, biology, or any combination) or in Medical Technology from an Accredited College or University
- 2 – 4 years of experience
- 2 plus years of experience as a clinical laboratory scientist.